Ploughing Championship Exhibitors Checklist
The National Ploughing Championship 2017 takes place in September (19th-21st) in Screggan, Co. Offaly. This event is one of the largest outdoor events in Europe with over 1,700 exhibitors and attendances of over 283,000 visitors.
Things we can help you with
If you are an exhibitor you need to get your skates on in final preparation for this three day outdoor trade show event.
- You have the stand organised at this stage so it’s time to get some final preparation in…
- Trade stand graphics like signage with strong clear branding and messaging. Remember there are thousands of people a day attending this massive trade show so make it attractive and inviting to your stand.
- Branded clothing for your staff on the trade stand, plus name tags. This helps the attendees easily identify your staff and is also good advertising as your staff walk the show on lunch breaks etc.
- Printed Flyers, brochures, leaflets, postcards for your intended target market
- Building on that database for your business at this trader show over the three days, you need a simple form for customers to fill on and maybe some encouragement also in relation to a competition for this as it entices your audience to take part!
- Video demos for screens or tablets on your trade stand
- Business cards for your staff to hand out
- Branded promotional give aways (freebies) like branded memory sticks, pens, bags, notepads, hats, rain ponchos, again its down to budget. These type of promotional giveaways also come into play in relation to competitions held throughout the trade show days.
- Competitions at your trade show – online or print – again it’s all about brand awareness.
- Highlighting that new business offering at the stand, whether it’s a new machine or it’s a new app or it’s a news service offering. Here is a great stage to launch this and get great PR in relation to this for your business.
- Specific photography area (mobile) at your trade stand, in relation to social media and again brand awareness
- Refreshments for your visitors to your trade stand, either branded coffee cups or water bottles or sweet treats to boost the energy level
- Social media about your brand, your products your service offering…
- Social media before the event to promote what stand and row number location you are in, plus daily updates on social media also throughout the trade show.
- Converting leads to sales… that’s what it’s all about. All this hard work has to pay off so make it work for you and your audience.
- Maybe catching the attention of the crowd in the car park before they enter into the show, again you need some bodies to assist you here…Or maybe as the crowds exit the show into the car park areas is another consideration
Things we can’t help you with
- Start by getting a copy of The Irish Farmers Journal a week in advance, as they have will have a handy printed map of all the trade exhibitors, so you can get your bearings…
- The best pair of waterproof walking shoes you can get! As your feet will be walked off you..
- Rain gear just in case – as you never know what the weather will be like at the Ploughing Championships. Umbrellas are a bit of a nuisance at the ploughing as the tracks throughout the ploughing are so busy on a daily basis.
- Knowing where the “nice” toilets are at the National Ploughing Championships!
- Knowing the best place to get lunch is – where they serve good quality Irish food
- If you are travelling a long distance it might be a good idea to hire out a campervan for the weekend to avoid those early starts
- Knowing the best time to leave so you do not get stuck in traffic jams on the way home and also planning that route in advance
- Remember where you parked your car!
- Ready for day two of the ploughing…